Tuesday, June 27, 2006

JetBlue, You're My Hero

JetBlue Airlines proves once again that they rule. In response to my email to them, in which I said, "Flight 93--You might want to change that number, morons," I got the following email this morning:

Dear Ms. Polito,

Thank you for your email regarding JetBlue's flight numbers. We apologize for the uneasy feelingyou experienced when you booked your upcoming flight and discovered that it was numbered 93. We have passed along your suggestion that we eliminate this flight number to our Leadership Team for consideration.

If you would feel more comfortable changing to another flight, JetBlue does have two direct flights from JFK to Oakland which depart soon after flight #93. Please give us a call at 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583), or visit our website and click the "manage your flights" button if you would like to make a change.

We thank you for choosing JetBlue and look forward to the opportunity to serve you.

Sincerely,

Sonja
Customer Commitment Crew
JetBlue Airways
Crewmember 25784



A speedy response, giving more or less the right answer. Seeing as how if I got home any later on Tuesday I would be buried under a pile of my own guilt, I'm sticking with Flight 93. But here's hoping for long-term change. Besides, if you address the bad juju head on, you eliminate the possibility of bad luck. Or so I say. Now I'm off to rub my rabbit's foot and knock three times on my wooden desk. Not that I'm superstitious or anything. Not me.

No comments: