Thursday, June 29, 2006

It's Called Spellcheck--Look Into It

In the best news I've heard since, well, ever, it turns out my heart will go on...and on and on. My doctor called yesterday. Apparently, the whole plaqued-up heart thing was just a big mistake! They started to wonder when my carotid ultrasound came back showing the most perfect, flawless carotid arteries to ever grace a sonogram. Apparently my carotids are the Brangelina of the cardiovascular world.

Anyway, my cholesterol level and my totally excellent blood vessels prompted my doc and her associates to check out that original aortal ultrasound. And guess what? The whole diagnosis stemmed from a TYPO on the initial report of the reading. I don't think "Oops" begins to cover it in this case. Not to mention, I'm not sure how one typo could turn a diagnosis from "You're healthy as a horse" into "Dick Cheney called and he wants his heart back." But I'm no doctor! (For one thing, I can spell and write legibly.)

The important thing is: I'm healthy. Super healthy. Always was, and hopefully will be for a long time. You're not going to get rid of me that easily. I"m going out for a chicken-fried steak to celebrate.

No comments: