Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Bad Boy Bad Boy, Whatcha Gonna Do?

Gianni had his first brush with The Man today. Rick and G were riding to school on the tagalong bike. They were cruising along the streets of San Francisco when they heard behind them: BEuwwwwUP! The unmistakable sound of the police siren.

Rick's first thought, aside from the instinctive "where do I hide my weed?" (ha ha, just kidding, mom) was that he was riding too far into traffic. Or, that the cop just wanted to give him shit because he was on a bike and, you know, cops do that sort of thing sometimes.

But, the cop came up to Gianni and said, and I paraphrase: You were dragging your feet on the ground instead of pedaling. And that, young man, is not safe. He did not issue a ticket or lock up our young blond perp in the clink. But Officer Friendly gave G a stern warning and put the fear of God into him.

Rick told me that Gianni got pulled over, and I thought he was totally kidding! But it happened! Frankly, I think it's good for him to get a little scare--scoff at Mom and Dad if you will, but are you gonna fuck with the Five-O?

Our son, Down by Law, fingered by the cops at age 5. I hope we're still laughing in 20 years, and not reminiscing about Gianni's first pinch on our way to Visiting Day at San Quentin.

No comments: