Saturday, October 06, 2007

Things I Learned in September

Because this past month has been nothing short of absolutely freaking nuts, I've had very little time to visit. To run down everything that's happened would take up everyone else's blogging bandwidth, and that ain't right. Instead, here is a list of things I have learned in the Big Fucking Opportunity for Growth that was September 2007:

  1. I am not always right. Who knew.
  2. Sometimes even when you are right, it's not worth fighting about.
  3. It would take a lot more than $70,000 for me to totally screw you over.
  4. Other people's standards are not quite so high.
  5. Never buy a house from an uptight bald guy getting a divorce.
  6. It's always worthwhile to contact an attorney.
  7. Even if I have a really, really good case, I still probably won't sue you. Especially over a stinkin' house.
  8. On the other hand, my mother knows a disturbing amount about litigation. I would advise not fucking with her.
  9. As far as real estate goes, we are either brilliant, or complete fools. In ten years, we'll find out which one.
  10. My threshold for living in dilapidated housing is a lot lower than it was a few decades ago.
  11. I can still party like I did when I was 20.
  12. Unfortunately, for the next week, I recover like I'm 40. (And I'm only 38.)
  13. Honesty--still the best policy.
  14. My husband is a children's birthday party-planning SUPERGENIUS.
  15. I need to blog more than twice a month, if only so I can write without using any helping verbs. In other words, I need to help enable myself to show up here more .
  16. I need a vacation. A big one.
May October be filled with lots of home-cooked meals, channel surfing, and sleep.

1 comment:

Marjorie said...

amen on the good-stuff-on-the-horizon prayer.

i'm so sorry.